From Code-cat Knowledge Base
“I’m in ur PC, rewriting ur login page.”
This network design takes in consideration from both P2P networks as well as structured networks.
- Very little duplicated network traffic.
- Ability to organize large networks without the need for high bandwidth hubs.
- Speedy message delivery.
- Retain most if not all organization of a structured network.
- Medium data guarantee rate. (Possible packet loss)
- Higher load on server CPU.
- Difficult to pin point issues.
In normal IRC networks, servers will connect to each other in order to form networks. In some cases, a single server will be the hub and accept connections from many other servers and serve to direct network traffic flow. This has an added effect of lighten the traffic load on each and every leaf nodes.